While Sponsored Brands Product Targeting (product targeting vs. keyword targeting) may still be in beta, the E Team and I conducted a case study of this feature in order to provide you with on-going intel/ insights on the mechanics of how things work.
Test parameters included:
✔️ Case study ran for four weeks (10/28 – 11/25, 2019)
✔️ Created a new Sponsored Brands campaign
✔️ Used Amazon’s suggested bid prices for all of the bids in the different categories chosen (account #1 = $20 per day / account #2 = $30 per day)
Here’s how we configured our campaign…
- Login to Seller Central
- Selected the best Sponsored Brands campaign (one already producing good results) and copied it
- Removed the keywords, replacing them with Product Targeting
- Chose Product Targeting option “target main category with no refinements”
- Used just the default price bid and target
- Relatively high ACoS of 79%
- Total of 39 orders*
* Key Takeaway: The percentage of new-to-brand orders (97%), equates to 38 out of 39 orders were new-to-brand orders.
- High ACoS
- Total of orders: 33*
Key Takeaway: The percentage of new-to-brand orders (100%), indicates a great way to acquire new customers.
The E team and I believe that these results can possibly be improved by applying refinements to the category targeting section (such as refinement by price point, number of reviews, or Prime eligibility).
We’re going to test out these various refinements to our Sponsored Brands Product Targeting strategy and then circle back to you in about six weeks or so, to reveal what impact those changes had on our overall results.
Michael Zagare is a serial entrepreneur, a recovering physical therapist, and the founder of PPC Entourage. Using the same tactics and strategies he shares through Entourage, he scaled his business from $50K per/m to $250K per/m in less than seven months.
Mike has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge in all things Amazon, and loves sharing that knowledge with other sellers to help them take steps towards personal and financial freedom.
Latest posts by Mike Zagare (see all)
- Amazon PPC Tips for Spring and Summer Products - March 29, 2019
- How to Minimize the Impact of Returns on Your Profit Margins - March 14, 2019
- What To Look For in an Amazon Sponsored Products Management Company - March 7, 2019